- A large-scale database, distributed runtime environment, and programming language under development at Tagged
- Produced by a small team that has been working exclusively on the project for over three years
- Providing orders-of-magnitude performance improvements over other systems at Tagged
- Developed for internal use but we'd like to share it
- Seeking early adopters and project contributors
- Mission Make application programmers more productive and innovative.
- Belief Innovation = Insight × Confidence × Iteration Rate ÷ Cost of Failure
- ∴ Provide full-stack insights, increase confidence through analysis, speed up iterations, and keep it simple.
CAP Strategy Sacrifice availability, but mitigate with time-travel and reduced scopes.
Data Model Represent data as a graph of objects connected by edges.
- Commit Model Don’t ever block updates. Resolve commits asynchronously and provide notifications.
- Performance Support OLTP and near real-time apps like games
- Web-Readiness Expect clients to disconnect and reconnect a lot. Make progress in the background.
- Block Storage Very fast block storage which works with raw devices.
- File System Designed for distributed databases, it’s fast, safe, and efficient but sacrifices recoverability.
- Key-Value LSM Transactional, searchable log-structured merge to manage queues of key-value updates.
- Compiler Front- and back-end components, static and dynamic analysis frameworks.
- Base Library Build tools, operating system encapsulations, interning memory arenas, and a lot more.